Monday, 17 Aug 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
Partnership
ZeeNews Live
  • đŸ”„
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • Celebrity
  • News
  • Bollywood
  • Movie
  • Economy
  • Bollywood news
  • News
  • Sports
  • Bollywood
Font ResizerAa
ZeeNews LiveZeeNews Live
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 ZeeNews Live All Rights Reserved.
ZeeNews Live > Blog > News > Kidnapped in Niger: How Five Jharkhand Migrants Vanished in a Violent Raid
News

Kidnapped in Niger: How Five Jharkhand Migrants Vanished in a Violent Raid

Vijendra Yadav
Last updated: April 28, 2025 4:33 am
Vijendra Yadav
Share
SHARE

Kidnapped in Niger: How Five Jharkhand Migrants Vanished in a Violent Raid

Contents
5 Jharkhand Migrant Workers Kidnapped in Niger: Families Plead for Government’s HelpIndian Workers Trapped in a Foreign NightmareHow the Kidnapping HappenedPolitical Leaders Step InChief Minister Hemant Soren Appeals for HelpFamilies Living in Fear and UncertaintyWhat Happens Next?

5 Jharkhand Migrant Workers Kidnapped in Niger: Families Plead for Government’s Help

Indian Workers Trapped in a Foreign Nightmare

Five migrant workers from Jharkhand have been allegedly kidnapped in Niger, West Africa, sparking panic among their families and urgent calls for government intervention.

The victims — Sanjay Mahato, Chandrika Mahato, Raju Mahato, Faljit Mahato, and Uttam Mahato — all hail from Dondlo and Mundro Panchayat areas under the Bagodar police station in Giridih district, Jharkhand. They had moved to Niger last year to work with Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited (KPTL), a transmission company operating abroad.

How the Kidnapping Happened

According to reports from family members and officials, the shocking incident occurred last week when armed criminals attacked a workers’ camp. In the chaos, six people — including one local worker — were abducted at gunpoint.

The attack turned deadly when security forces retaliated, resulting in the deaths of at least 12 security officials. Since the kidnapping, there has been no word from the abducted men.

“We have no idea where they are. Please, the government must step in and rescue them,” cried a relative of one of the kidnapped workers.

Last Contact Before Disappearance

Damodar Kumar, the brother of Faljit Mahato, shared that the group was kidnapped on April 25. Since then, their phones have remained switched off, deepening the fears of their families.

Sanjay Mahato’s wife added tearfully,

“The last time I spoke to Sanjay was at 10 AM on Friday. After that, his phone went dead. We were later told by his colleagues that he has been kidnapped.”

The workers’ families are now living every moment in anxiety, hoping for any positive news.

Political Leaders Step In

As the news of the kidnapping spread, local leaders rushed to support the affected families.

Former Bagodar MLA Vinod Kumar Singh met the families and assured them that steps were being taken to bring their loved ones back safely. He also informed senior government officials and pushed for stronger action.

Narendra Prasad Gupta, the Sub-Divisional Magistrate, said,

“We have informed the senior officials and the Overseas Cell. We are also gathering information on our own. The administration stands firmly with the families.”

Chief Minister Hemant Soren Appeals for Help

Understanding the seriousness of the situation, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren officially appealed to India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar for swift intervention.

In a heartfelt post on social media platform X (formerly Twitter), Mr. Soren wrote:

“Union External Affairs Minister, Honourable @DrSJaishankar Ji is requested to please provide help to our migrant brothers from Jharkhand who have been kidnapped in Niger as per information.”

The Chief Minister’s office is closely monitoring the situation and has pledged full support to the families.

Families Living in Fear and Uncertainty

Back in Jharkhand, the families of the kidnapped workers are spending sleepless nights, praying for their safe return. With limited information and no direct contact, the fear grows stronger each day.

Many locals from the villages of Dondlo and Mundro have also joined the families, staging peaceful gatherings to demand swift action.

What Happens Next?

As the Indian government works through diplomatic channels, pressure is mounting to ensure the safe release of the five workers.

While the situation remains tense, families are holding on to hope — believing that with swift government action, their loved ones will soon return home safely.

TAGGED:External Affairs Minister interventionGiridih kidnapping newsglobal migrant crisisHemant Soren newsIndia Niger kidnappingIndian workers kidnapped abroadJharkhand breaking newsJharkhand migrant workersKalpataru Power Transmission Limited newsWest Africa news
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Robert Vadra Urges Non-Violence After Heartbreaking Pahalgam Terror Attack
Next Article Pahalgam Terror Shocker: Congress Writes to PM Modi, Seeks Urgent Parliament Meet

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Popular Posts

Touring has become a challenge for Patti Scialfa, an E Street Band member, who revealed her 2018 multiple myeloma diagnosis.

Patti Scialfa, a longtime member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band and an acclaimed musician…

By Anmol Malik

IIM CAT 2024 Answer Key Release: How to Download and What to Expect

The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta is set to release the much-awaited CAT 2024…

By Vijendra Yadav

Saleka Night Shyamalan explains how she used Taylor Swift’s “Boss Woman” demeanor to create Trap.

Saleka Night Shyamalan, the rising music star known for her powerful vocals and dynamic presence,…

By Anmol Malik

You Might Also Like

BollywoodNews

When Politics Meets Pop Culture: Nabil Gabol Reacts to His Viral ‘Dhurandhar’ Lookalike Moment

By Vijendra Yadav
News

Kathanar Teaser Drops: Jayasurya’s Dark Fantasy Epic and Anushka Shetty’s Malayalam Debut Will Leave You Stunned

By Vijendra Yadav
News

Middle East Crisis Sparks Urgent Meeting: PM Modi Calls All Chief Ministers

By Vijendra Yadav
News

Mahakumbh Viral Girl Monalisa Bhonsle Marries Actor Farman Khan in Kerala Temple Wedding

By Vijendra Yadav
ZeeNews Live
Facebook Rss

About US

ZeeNews Live is your premier source for comprehensive coverage of lifestyle, historic, entertainment, and business news from around the world. We are committed to providing our readers with timely, accurate, and engaging content that transcends borders and captures the essence of global events and trends.

Top Categories
  • World
  • Education
  • Money
  • Companies
  • Media
  • Opinion
Usefull Links
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Editorial Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy

2026 © ZeeNews Live . All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: ZeeNewsLive.in is an independent news website and is not affiliated with or a part of Zee News India or Zee Media. We are a separate entity dedicated to providing news and information on various topics. Any similarities in name or branding are purely coincidental.

Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?